The Moot Court Board at the University of Maine School of Law is available to selected students during their second and third year. The Board fields up to six teams at several external moot court competitions across the United States. Moot Court experience strengthens law students’ oral argument skills and enhances research and writing ability. Through faculty and alumni-coaching, University support, and student initiative, the Moot Court Board carries academic prestige at Maine Law.
During the 2013-2014 year, Maine participated in the following moot court competitions:
- Burton D. Wechsler First Amendment Competition Washington DC
- Herbert Wechsler National Criminal Law Competition Buffalo, NY
- Charleston National Moot Court Competition Charleston, SC
- National First Amendment Competition Nashville, TN
- Tulane Sports Law Invitational New Orleans, LA
- Judge John R. Brown Admiralty Moot Court Competition New Orleans, LA